What makes a Focus Mentor?
Focus Mentors are passionate about improving the livelihood and life chances of children. They have a powerful impact on young people's lives, through being a consistent, friendly and trustworthy influence on their mentees. As all of our programmes are based on a one to one ratio, mentoring with Gain Focus Mentors offer a unique service that goes a long way.
What does the role entail?
Focus Mentors enjoy a very eclectic and varied role, as each assignment is individualised to the mentee. However the fundamentals of the role, are extremely consistent; which is, of course, pivotal when providing an effective service to young people.
Core Responsibilities of a Focus Mentor
- Act as a key reference point between the mentee and the school/ multi-agency team
- Keep a record of mentee's behavioural progress and communicate this to all relevant professionals
- Advocate for mentee's point of view in review meetings
- Work to improve mentee's wellbeing through introducing them to relevant community organisations/activities
- Become a source of trust and consistency for the mentee